When considering putting siding on your home your thoughts may jump directly to wood siding, a staple of American homes. Wood siding gives a home a clean and classic look, not industrialized but comfortable and homey.
What you might not think about is the cost of installing and maintaining your wood siding. Are you prepared to spend a large sum of money on installing wood siding just to have to constantly power wash and clean it to maintain that clean and traditional look? There is a less expensive and easier-to-maintain way to side your home with that same homey appearance: fiber cement siding.
Fiber cement siding is composed of cement, sand, and cellulose fiber, giving it tremendous strength and dimensional stability. Along with being less expensive and easier to maintain than wood, here are 5 reasons that fiber cement siding is a good choice for your home:
1. Cold Weather Climates- Fiber cement siding holds up against the effects of temperature swings in cold weather climates. Unlike other siding materials, fiber cement does not become brittle in cold climates. Fiber cement siding can even be installed to withstand hurricane-force winds.
2. Wet, Humid Climates- Fiber cement siding resists rotting and cracking, even in extremely damp climates. Unlike other siding materials, fiber cement siding does not expand and shrink under wet conditions.
3. Resistance to Impact Damage- Fiber cement siding is much thicker than other types of siding. This thickness, along with the inherent strength of its materials, makes fiber cement siding strong enough to resist impact damage caused by rain and hail.
4. Fire Resistant- Fiber cement siding is non-combustible and achieves the highest possible flame spread rating. Fiber cement siding is approved for fire-rated construction.
5. Resistant to Insect Damage- Although it looks like wood it is not, so fiber cement siding resists damage from termites and other wood-eating insects.
If you are ready for siding that looks beautiful but is more durable and easier to maintain than wood, you can’t go wrong with James Hardie® Siding, the country’s leading fiber cement siding. And when it comes to James Hardie Siding, nobody installs it as well as Twin Cities Siding Professionals.
Call Twin Cities Siding Professionals at (651) 967-0873, or visit our web site at /contact-us/ for a FREE in-home evaluation and estimate.