Curb appeal is one of the main reasons homeowners remodel their homes. It’s good for your house to stand out, but you don’t want to overdo it to the point that it doesn’t blend well with other houses in your neighborhood. To help you decide on which colors would work well on your Twin Cities siding, here are some design ideas:
1. Understanding the color wheel helps a lot in choosing color pairs. You can choose at most three analogous shades to create a calm vibe. Complementary colors make the most contrast when used in exteriors.
2. If you want to create a warmer vibe to your home, go for red, yellow, or orange hues. These shades also make homes look larger than they are.
3. Blue, green, and purple are cool colors that exude a relaxing effect.
4. Most traditional homes use three colors for the body, trim, and accents. Modern styles usually use more than three shades.
5. You can still use deeper tones even if you do not want to create a smaller looking home. You can use a mid-tone color for the trim to make the main siding color look brighter.
6. Use light colors to draw attention to the trim.
7. When choosing colors for your siding in Twin Cities, make sure it blends well with other components of your home.
8. If you go for an all-white theme, you can play freely with colors for other components of your home. The white shade can also vary in tone during different times of day.
These design ideas can help you achieve a livelier looking home. When looking for the right siding material, trust James Hardie® from Twin Cities Siding Professionals. This siding brand comes with ColorPlus® technology, which lasts twice as long compared to other finishes. The fiber cement siding comes with multiple coats of paint that stay on even after years of weather exposure. As a certified James Hardie installer, we back this with a 15-year warranty covering paint and labor.
If you want to learn more design ideas, call us at (651) 967-0873. We will be happy to give you a free in-home evaluation.