A beautiful home needs the most compatible siding material. Aside from aesthetics, your siding’s durability is determined by the local climate, which is essential when selecting the perfect siding for your home. In this post, renowned local siding contractor Twin Cities Siding Professionals discusses how the climate should affect your choice of siding material.
These three factors are crucial in finding the most compatible siding material for your property:
- Temperature Fluctuations can cause some siding materials to expand and contract, leading to potential damage and a shorter lifespan over time.
- Precipitation Levels may vary in different areas. In neighborhoods with heavy winter snowfalls and occasional rain in the summer, fiber cement siding from James Hardie® and vinyl siding materials can be excellent options because of their moisture resistance.
- Sun Exposure is another significant factor. Siding materials can fade or become discolored when exposed to the sun’s harsh rays.
Popular Siding Materials
Here’s a look at some popular siding options and their suitability for the local climate:
- Vinyl Siding is popular due to its affordability, low maintenance and excellent insulation properties.
- Fiber Cement Siding is a highly durable and versatile material that protects against extreme temperatures, moisture and sun damage. James Hardie siding materials, a top choice for most homeowners, is a leader in manufacturing attractive and durable siding suitable for any home.
- Wood Siding can add natural beauty and warmth to your home while providing excellent insulation. Still, it may require regular maintenance and siding repair due to its susceptibility to moisture damage and insect infestations.
Twin Cities Siding Professionals, an Angie’s List Certified reputable siding contractor, can provide expert advice on suitable materials for your home, ensure proper installation and provide maintenance and repair services as needed. Call us today at (651) 967-0873 or fill out this contact form to get an estimate.
We proudly serve homeowners living in Twin Cities, MN.