Winter weather can be harsh to your windows so you have to give them extra care and attention during the colder months. Of course, Marvin® windows are generally made to last through rough weather. But without proper care, they may encounter some issues.
Top Things to Check
Check these components of your window, and make sure they’re in good condition.
- Old, loose caulking should be trimmed, and gaps in your windows must be sealed with the correct type of caulk.
- Ensure the weatherstripping is still effective.
- Make sure that all exposed hardware screws are tightened securely. To maintain their smooth operation, you can apply a dry lubricant to the gears of the window.
- Keep the window hinges, sills and tracks clean.
- Make sure the doors are opening and closing smoothly.
Window Cleaning Tips
First and foremost, any window and siding contractor will advise you to take safety precautions when cleaning your windows. This means wearing protective clothing and eyewear, and being careful when using a ladder.
Keep in mind that it’s best to carry out window cleaning before winter arrives. This assures you that your window is adequately prepared for the harsh weather. Cleaning your windows is pretty simple as you only need mild cleanser and soft, lint-free cloth to do the job. It’s also best to start with your top-most windows and slowly work your way down to the lower windows.
At Twin Cities Siding Professionals, we do everything in our capacity to fulfill our promises to our clients. Whether the project involves siding installation or window replacement, you can count on us to deliver excellent workmanship. Call us at (651) 967-0873, or fill out our contact form to request an estimate. We serve homeowners in Minneapolis.