Window replacement seems like it would be straightforward, but it will still require careful planning. One important aspect of the project is your initial consultation with your choice of contractor. How exactly do you prepare for it?
- Learn more about your choice of contractor. Much of the success of your window replacement will depend on your contractors. You’ll want to make sure you’ll be working with someone who is credentialed, experienced and well-reviewed. Before they arrive for the consultation, look them up online, either by visiting their website or checking their profile in industry-related websites. As you go about your research, make sure to prepare a set of important questions to ask them about, including:
- How long have you been in business?
- What type of windows do you offer? Do you have any brands you represent?
- Can you show me proof of licensing and insurance?
- May I ask for a list of references?
- Prepare your home for the window consultation. This means making your existing windows more accessible for the inspection. Clear away any furniture, knick-knacks, plants and other decorative items that are near your windows.
- Be clear as you can with your window contractor. Everybody has certain expectations about their window replacement, and that’s fine. Just make sure both you and your contractor are on the same page about every detail of the project, such as the overall budget and timeline. Don’t hesitate to communicate your goals and concerns to the team. You’ll find that establishing clear communication beforehand allows for a much smoother process.
Get a Window Estimate
Minnesota homeowners know that when it comes to Marvin® windows and James Hardie® siding installation, Twin Cities Siding Professionals is the only name to trust. Expect only a safe and worry-free experience when you let us handle your exterior upgrades. Call us today at (651) 967-0873, or fill out this contact form to schedule your home exterior evaluation. We proudly serve Minneapolis, MN, and all areas in the Twin Cities.